Upward Bound is a college preparation program for high school students from low income families or who are potential first generation college students
- Academic and Career Counseling
- College Tours
- College Scholarship and Financial Aid Workshops
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
- ACT Preparation Workshops
- Community Service Opportunities
- Intensive 6 Week Summer Academic Enrichment Program (which includes living on the University of Utah campus).
- Academic need and potential
- Academic enrichment to prepare for college
- Enrolled in grade 9 or 10 at East, Highland, West, or Kearns High Schools
- US citizen or national of the United States or eligible non-citizen.
- Come from a low income family as defined by the US Department of Education, and/or
- Come from a family in which neither parent has a college (bachelor's) degree (1st generation college student)
For applications, please see an Upward Bound advisor and for more information, contact Upward Bound at:
1901 E. South Campus Drive Room 2075
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-9356 (
Upward Bound Celebrates 50 Years!
An Upward Bound Advisor will be at these schools on the following days after school.
Please call TRIO office with any questions, 801-581-7188