TRIO Student Support Services is currently full and no longer accepting applications for 2023-2024. Please fill out our waitlist below to be notified when a spot becomes available.
TRIO SSS is available to students who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Low-income student: Family's taxable income for the last calendar year was less than 150% of the poverty level. Your family's federal tax information will be used to determine low-income status. Learn more about income information >>
- First generation college student: A student whose parent(s) or guardian(s) with whom they resided did not complete four-year degree in the U.S.
- Student with a disability: Student has a documented disability that substantially limits the individual's participation in educational experiences and opportunities offered by the University, as determined by the University Center for Disability Services.
In addition, a student must:
- Be admitted and enrolled at the University of Utah as an undergraduate student seeking 1st bachelor's degree.
- Have an academic need for the program.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident from the United States or meets the residency requirements for Federal Student Financial Assistance.
Low Income Information
Family's taxable income for the last calendar year was less than 150% of the poverty level. Your family's federal tax information will be used to determine low-income status.
When filling out the SSS program application, dependent students should use information from their parent's/s' previous years’ tax return; independent students should use information from their own. Determine whether you are considered a dependent or an independent student according to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).