The TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) program is available to students who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Low-income student: Family's taxable income for the last calendar year was less than 150% of the poverty level. Your family's federal tax information will be used to determine low-income status. Dependent students should use information from their parent's/s' previous years’ tax return; independent students should use information from their own. Determine whether you are considered a dependent or an independent student according to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- First generation college student: Neither parent has a bachelor's degree.
- Student with a disability: Student has a documented disability that substantially limits the individual's participation in educational experiences and opportunities offered by the University, as determined by the University Center for Disability Services.
In addition a student must:
- Be admitted and enrolled at the University of Utah as an udergraduate student seeking 1st bachelor's degree.
- Have an academic need for the program.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident from the United States or meets the residency requirements for Federal student financial assistance.
If you have additional questions or would like more information please call TRIO office at (801) 581-7188.