To create a powerful learning community at the University of Utah, centered on core values and a shared commitment to academic excellence. Student Support Services and Upward Bound will increase the number of underserved students (low income, first-generation, and students with disabilities) in college. UB and SSS graduates will be responsible, engaged citizens who are prepared to be leaders of the future.
TRIO is dedicated to empowering a diverse student body with an outstanding college education.
- To value, respect, and appreciate each student and staff,
- To place students’ needs first (remain student-centered),
- To value Resiliency in students,
- To promote social justice in education,
- To promote education by providing the tools that students need to become empowered for themselves and to contribute to their communities and to society as a whole.
- TRIO is committed to the transformation of society into one that promotes social justice and freedom from oppression, including but not limited to, racism, sexism, classism, heterosexism, ageism, and ableism.
In TRIO, we will Serve Our Underrepresented Participants, by following and remaining in compliance with the regulations that govern our grant. This will be enacted in order to ensure the longevity of our program and ensure service provision for qualified students.